Should we use a Realtor to buy a For Sale By Owner?
THE ANSWER IS YES!
- Why would someone sell for sale by owner? We want you to be careful of the reasons why they are avoiding a real estate company. Our job is to find out those reasons. Buying a home is a very large investment. We want to make sure your investment will be a good one.
- When you are working with us in a mutual relationship please notify us if you find a home that is for sale by owner. Let us contact them and start negotiating on your behalf. We don’t want them to know how motivated you are this can hurt you in negotiations. Having us as a third party removed can help you get the best price.
- We will research and provide you with the history of sold properties to help you in determining the value of the property to make sure you are not paying more than it’s value.
- We draft the documents and negotiate on your behalf when purchasing the property.
- We arrange inspections, appraisals, closings and act as the transaction manager to make sure the process goes smoothly and to your satisfaction.
- We attend the closing with you to be available for last minute issues.
Will this service cost you more for the home? In most cases no! Most sellers are more than willing to pay the “Buyer Representative Fee” because the services of a Realtor, as the transaction manager, help them as well. The complexity of a property sale needs the experience of a knowledgeable Realtor.